Why Yoga is Important for your health?
It is said that the best way to learn about something is by doing it. Meditation, as a practice, has been around for thousands of years and has many benefits including stress relief, improved focus, and increased happiness. It’s time you started practicing meditation. Buy a coussin de méditation Suisse today.
Benefits Of Meditation
There are many benefits of meditation, however, let me share with you three reasons why it should be practiced on a daily basis:
- Improved Focus
When we meditate, our brain waves slow down and become more focused. Our minds become clear while our emotions calm down. This helps us better concentrate throughout the day, which leads to better productivity. In fact, studies have shown that people who meditate tend to perform better at work, school, and in social situations.
- Stress Relief
When you meditate, your body begins to release chemicals such as serotonin and oxytocin into your system. These hormones trigger relaxation, which can reduce feelings of anxiety, depression, and stress. People who regularly meditate tend to feel less stressed than those who don’t.
- Increased Happiness
When you begin to meditate, you develop new habits and patterns of thought that help you live in the present moment. You are able to appreciate each experience instead of focusing on the past or future (this is known as mindfulness). When you live in the present moment, you start to feel happier, more satisfied, and more grateful for all the things in life.
Easy Ways To Start Meditating Today
Here are some easy ways to start meditating:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place.
Start by sitting in a comfortable position with your spine straight. Lean back slightly if you need to so that your head doesn’t hang over the edge of the chair. Relax your shoulders and arms. If you’re wearing a watch, remove it now.
- Close your eyes.
This will help you block out any outside distractions, allowing you to focus completely on yourself and your thoughts.
- Take 3 deep breaths.
(In through your nose) (hold) (out through your mouth.) Repeat this breathing pattern until you feel calmer and relaxed. Breathe normally after you finish.
- Think about an object, word, or memory that brings you peace.
For example, think about what makes you smile. Maybe it’s a favorite song, a beautiful flower, or a person you love. Keep thinking about this peaceful object until you feel totally relaxed.
- Once you feel relaxed, say to yourself “I am safe, I am happy, I am healthy”.
Repeat this phrase until you feel confident that you are safe, happy, and healthy.
- Now that you feel comfortable and relaxed, imagine that there is no one else in the room but you. Imagine that you are alone with nothing but your thoughts. Don’t worry about anything else except your thoughts. Let them go where they may.
- Listen to sounds around you. Hear everything in your environment – the wind, raindrops falling, birds chirping, and traffic humming in the background.
- Continue listening to sounds, but also notice how you feel inside. Notice whether your mind is racing, distracted, or blank. If you find yourself zoning out, bring yourself back to the sounds around you.
- After a few moments, slowly open your eyes. Stay seated for 2-5 minutes. Remember to breathe normally, relax, and enjoy the moment. Your meditation session is complete.
The Importance of Being Present
One of the most important lessons I learned from my Buddhist Monk teacher was the importance of being present. It sounds simple enough, but if you are always worrying about tomorrow, planning for next week, or wishing you had done more last night, you cannot fully enjoy the present moment. In other words, if you cannot live in the moment, you cannot truly be happy.
Your life is filled with opportunities everyday to improve. The only thing standing between you and your success are the thoughts and actions you choose. Make sure you take advantage of every opportunity to grow and improve yourself!
If you found this article helpful, please comment below and share it with others!