Step By Step Guide To Building A Career In Sports Medicine
These days, some young people are interested in the medicine line but wish to take care of the sportsperson. Being a sports medicine doctor will be the best option for the person in this situation. The career will provide the person both with good returns and rewards.
Before you get the guidance as to how to get into a career in sports medicine, a person should have an idea regarding their work. This knowledge will help the person to make the decision easily whether they wish to be a sports medicine doctor or not.
How To Become A Sports Medicine Doctor?
There are proper steps that a person has to follow if he wishes to become a sports medicine doctor. If you have the same dream, you can see here and gather the details.
- Pursue The Bachelor
As is the case with all the careers, the person will have to pursue a bachelor’s degree after completing the 12th. But in case he wishes to become a doctor, then the bachelor’s degree must either be in biology or chemistry. With the entrance into the knowledge, the person has to keep in mind the other co-curricular activities in which a person has to participate to be an expert.
- Go For The Medical College Admission Test
After completing the bachelor’s degree, the person will have to sit for the medical college admission test. In this situation, the best option for the person will be to start the preparation at the start of the bachelor’s degree only. This is an exam of a long period of 7.5 hours; it is mainly a multiple-choice question based on the skills and knowledge of the person in the stream of re medicine. There are mainly four parts to this exam:
- The first section is to check the person’s biology and organic chemistry. This contains, in general, 59 questions, and the time given to the person who is appearing in this section is 95 minutes.
- The second section of the test is to check the person’s physics and biochemistry. The person will have 95 minutes for this section to answer the 59 questions.
- The third section checks the understanding of the person related to introductory psychology, sociology, and biology. Again, similar is the number of the question and the timing in the above two sections of the test.
- The last part of the test contains 52 questions, so the time given to the attendant is also 90 minutes. His understanding of social science, humanities, and reading comprehension are checked.
If the person cannot make a genuine score in the first step, he can go for the second attempt to get better results.
- Attend The Medical School
Here the person has to earn a medical degree. At this stage, the person can do the learning by focusing on medical ethics, patient care, and the human body. This section will include:
- Complete The Residency
Residencies provide the right person with the hand on specialty experience t the people for their complete development. It will help the person to be a perfect sports medicine doctor. Some of the options included medicine, internal medicine, and other available surgeons selection of the residency will depend on the field in whose field a person wants to be an expert.
- Pursue Fellowship
If the person wins to become a sports medicine doctor, he can either follow one of the two years of the fellowship program. The person can do further education at the time of the training. During the fellowship program, a person can understand the surgical treatment of sports injuries.
- Earn The License And The Certification
The person can get the license to be a doctor. Having the license will provide the person with the full right to complete the services at a reasonable rate. There are mainly two parts that must be covered in the exam of the medical science.